Follow this step-by-step guide to update your Smart Controller Firmware.
A common misconception is that the Smart Controller can be updated on the device itself. The DJI firmware update for the Smart Controller can only be updated to the latest firmware version using DJI Assistant 2 with a USB computer connection.
Update your Smart Controller Firmware:
2. Connect your Smart Controller to your computer using the USB-C port at the bottom of the Smart Controller device.
3. The Smart Controller will show on the DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic computer program, select this option to view all firmware update options.
4. Click ‘update’ next to the latest firmware option.
5. When the computer has finished updating the device, you can unplug the connection.
6. You will then need to open the DJI Fly app to add it to your device.
7. Proceed to ‘Settings’ and select ‘Aircraft Management’ to add an aircraft to the device. You can then select the aircraft on the device.
8. Hold down the power button on your drone for four seconds and the pairing process will begin.
9. When the pairing has been successful, the DJI Fly app should then open.
10.This may also display a battery update option, allowing this update will increase battery efficiency so we recommend completing this update too.
11.We would also recommend calibrating the propellers and compass settings on the device to ensure maximum usage capability.
When all of the above steps have been completed, you’re ready to fly with your new DJI Smart Controller.
Please note that the Smart Controller is only compatible with the Mavic 2 series.
If you are one of our customers and have any issues with the DJI Smart Controller firmware update process, please don’t hesitate to get in contact for support.
We are available 10am-5pm, Monday to Friday on 01243 882440 or by email on email@example.com.
Make sure you’re following us on social media for product and firmware updates.
Facebook and Instagram - @dronesafestore